Thursday, December 27, 2012

What is it to be clean? (Collaboration Piece)

-->
I am it.    
I am a map of skin covered lace        
I am something you may call a remembrance
Organs covered with the stretch of plant membrane
Of a mind once untangled—
It would be a shame to admire the
Not knowing
Picking up dismembered wisdoms   
The sewing of uncertainty into the brim of   
Beginning when I have confidence     
On how to arrive                        
When to leave                       
Remembering to begin again.
The séance of smiling and knowing that anything
Of for from by or related to the earth makes me smile that way
Eyes open, shoes on, I collect words
Strewn like old sea glass along the coastline.
And say that my mother suffers from the consequence of
Eyes closed— recall upon an image of the ocean at night
Reactions, sections and captions like empty words falling from
A body of stone carved mud,
This is the 4X4 compartment for the memory of vastness.

I am something that crawled out of a hole
Clattering on the floor that sounds like the consequence of silence
Plunged into warm water
Unknown, incalculable, impossibly small, incredibly profound
A bathtub.
She held me and promised only joy
Ranging from birth to death, the caress of a
A lie that drips chocolate so you lick and lick and lick.
Cloudy morning tongue across my sleepy cheeks
Mother was the most beautiful
She hangglides in the nude and laughs a lot
Awaken with the ache in my center that extends because
I don’t know how to organize these recipes for disaster
Pointing and smiling at the way we all strain to see.


the plaster from the ceiling falls when you walk above me
You (I) are (am) responsible
filling the birds nest of my hair with
the way she scrubbed and scrubbed
pieces of a whole that form significance
Hands covered in soap
together, I am the map of
plantlace membrane pulled skintight over mouth nose ears face
and I love to disintegrate.
What is it to be clean?


-The Shutter Muse (special thanks to my friend Sophia for doing a cut-up piece with me. this work is as much hers as mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment